Friday, November 18, 2011

People

I have a favorite poem about people who come into your lives and you wish that they never have to go...some others come into your life and you wish they would not stay...
The first two weeks of our school session in Montevideo is over and tonight we had a parilla barbecue at Leo and Mecki's house. It makes me want to cry to say goodbye to Leo and Mecki, Francisco, Amalie and Tim, Janie and our teachers, Maria, Maru, Mateo and Xehamna and Claudia. We will really miss Max and Almendra (our dogs). I know that we will be coming back, but when we are leaving something that is so comfortable to move away is sad. Even if our whole trip only consisted of these two weeks, it would still have been "our great adventure adventure"!
Leo and Mecki are awesome people! I love it when Leo breaks into his version of a female/english voice. I love the way he says "bott-els" instead of our boring way of bottles. Watching Mecki and Allen work on a project, planning, googling and communicating in their own language has been a blast. Our expectations have already been exceeded a hundred times over. Thank you to everyone who has been so kind and gracious and giving and for sharing their lives and Uruguayan culture with us. Funny, most of these people do not even have our blog address, but I need to say in my blog that we love them and thank them.
Now away from the sappy stuff. We went to school, rented a cottage for the first four nights of mom and dads visit and then rented a hotel on the corner, one street over for the last five nights. Then Allen and I kicked butt at croquette. We are really good!!!! I love it! If I could I would ride the bus two hours from Colonia next week to play again and then ride a bus back. I would skip school to play croquette. Allen would not even miss me, I bet he would like a break from me...
Well, gotta go get some sleep and pack in the morning. We catch a taxi at 11:30 to the bus station, Oh yeah, the best part of going to sleep is that tomorrow is the "special" German weekend breakfast.
Goodbye Montevideo...


No comments:

Post a Comment