Wednesday, November 16, 2011

School

I gave our blog address to one of our professors so I figured I had better write something nice about our Spanish studies before he reads this..HaHa
We do enjoy all of our teachers. They rotate through the day. I think maybe we should think about running our schools like that. It is very good to hear the different pronunciation and learn different ways and points of view. Differential learning styles would be our term. I am still searching for my style.
It is hot today. We are looking for a place for us to stay in when mom and dad and Emily get here. I cannot believe I have been so lax on that piece of planning. I just was not sure where we would want to be in Uruguay...we might just be on the street. It is considered the high season because of the holidays and weather.
Speaking of living on the street...it is interesting that on every neighborhood street where we are living, there are two dumpsters. You take your garbage out daily and they empty them at night.
There are a group of people that are like dumpster drivers. They are called Caballos. They usually have a horse and cart and the go inside the dumpster and get the glass, cardboard and Plastic and whatever else they can find. Honestly they are completely inside of the bin! You only know because the horse and cart are there. Some people want to ban them from the city because of maltreatment of the horses. Others say it is best to let them make a living rather than steal and beg. Something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment