Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy birthday to Allen!

Today was a very good day. There was a rain, thunder and lightening storm in the middle of the night last night. We sleep with the windows open and it was loud and REALLY pouring. I rolled back over and fell asleep so I am not sure how long it lasted. By the time we woke up it was fresh and partly cloudy.
We climbed down our little staircase to find our table set with candles lit for Allen's birthday. How nice. It just puts a smile on your face. I have decided Allen should have candles lit on the table for me every morning that he cooks breakfast! He says not!
So off we walk to school. Three hours wizzed by today. We worked on the "Es" adjective. ?(this should be an upside down question mark to start the question, but the iPad keyboard doesn't have one) so...?Como es? Adjectives. Es grande, Es flaco (skinny), Es dificil (difficult) you get the idea. We also worked on how to tell time. We got a 10 minute rundown and now I have to study it to tonight. For anyone else that cares we also worked on the "El" plural.
OH, one more thing to toot my own horn... Allen could not remember to pronounce "hay" as "I". It might just be the only thing that I could do better!
After school we went to the Puerto Mercado for lunch. We took a bus to "old town" and walked towards the port. It was just like the Anthony Bourdain show! We sat at a bar to eat right by the cooking fire. (parilla). We knew what we wanted and how to order medium rare because our teacher gave us a mini lesson today before we left. Don't knock it till you try it, and I can't believe I am saying it but the blood sausage is really good. Allen likes the dulce (sweet) and I prefer the salty one. It sounds so gross, but man it's tasty. We sat one seat to their left at the counter of where Anthony Bourdain filmed his show.  The same guys in his show where there waiting on us.

Now we are home. Our hosts are gone to a wine tasting for the evening, so I am sitting outside in the private courtyard in the back of the house in my jammie's writing to you. Life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment