Monday, December 12, 2011

I kissed a guy...and I liked it...by Allen Gaga

We have not talked about all the kissing that is going on here! It is customary for a cheek kiss on the right side. It's not a full on smack your lips on my face, but it is more than just a touch of my cheek to yours. Its a cheek touch and a kiss sound. (at least thats what we have been doing...no hickey's on the face please.) Glasses are a real pain because they get in the way and can get bent. It is difficult when the height difference between two people is too much, or when the angle of the lean in is off kilter. Men kiss men too. It is more than a handshake, and less than a hug. It is a greeting. It is actually an art to getting it right! We were on a city bus and a 14 year old boy got on the bus. He noticed a middle aged woman on the bus and he went over to give her a kiss. I don't think he actually said anything to her, he just went back to sit with his friends.That's more than a handshake and less than a hug. It does take longer than a handshake and the personal bubble does not exist, but it is really nice. Just another symbol of the laid back, "I have all the time in the world" Uruguayan attitude.
So watch out, and be ready cause when I get home you are gonna get a kiss. Allen might just give you one too! He is getting pretty used to it. I think he likes it.......hahaha I am so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment