Monday, December 12, 2011

Entering the Twilight Zone...

Words elude me on how to explain our morning. Last night when we saw our hostess Bridgette, she told us that e could have the bathroom anytime in the morning because she was organizing a party for her tennis club. She would be out very late and she was not going to work today. Well, that was the interpretation of the conversation on our side anyways...
Side note-Huge storm last night, rain, thunder and the lightening was amazing. The whole sky lit up like daylight then you could see a big bolt. Pretty cool! End of side note, back to bizarro land.
We start school at 10:00 (son las diez). Our daily routine for the last week has been that we use the bathroom at 9:00. Well, today Bridgette is in the bathroom. I skip a shower and am brushing my teeth in the kitchen, when she comes out. Remember here, she speaks Spanish and Allen speaks some Spanish and I speak English. Bridgette points to the front door and swooshes her hands towards it. Then she talks, blah blah blah, then she motions suitcases. Huh? So next the phone call. It is Claudia on the line for Allen, because I always make him do the hard stuff. Claudia is from our school, but she does not speak English either. We pick up the part about school at 10:00, then something about Mecki at 1:00. I still have not been in the bathroom or had a cup of coffee, but we are figuring out that we are moving? Next phone call is Martha. Again, even though she has impeccable English I make Allen take the phone. Apparently we were staying only one week with Bridgette and she needed us to leave with our suitcases so she could have our keys so she could get to work. Well, we packed in about 10 minutes and took all of our belongings to school and we got there by 10:10.
I need coffee. I don't know what happened and the next thing Claudia tells us is that mañana school will be from 3:00 to 6:00. I looked at her and teared up bit and said "No!". I have my hair appointment at 3:00 tomorrow and I am not changing it. What else could go wrong???
Martha was in her office so when Allen got settled with Maria I ran away to go see Martha. Apparently we were only staying with Bridgette for one week. (Duh) Martha and Mecki had talked about us staying with Mecki, but it got confusing because Mecki has company that just left from Germany and has another friend coming for her Christmas holiday. Well, long story short, I had a very nice visit with Martha, you know you just miss your girlfriends when you are away from home. Allen is great, and we are getting along wonderfully, but ya just gotta have some girl talk. So, thanks to Martha and a good cup of coffee and a long chat I have been restored to my usual self.
We were welcomed by Leo and Mecki with open arms and a cup of the most amazing Leo coffee and life is good. Actually life is very very good. We love staying with Leo and Mecki!

No comments:

Post a Comment