Thursday, December 8, 2011

How time goes by...

Yesterday was one of those days that we went to bed and thought, good grief what did we really do all day? We went to school and then went to visit Leo and Mecki. OMG Leo offered to make a cup of coffee and I could have kissed him, but he has quit shaving. I have been dreaming of his coffee for weeks! It is on our "to do list" to go find a French press. I found out Leo's brand of coffee so soon I will be all set. Gosh his coffee is good. I think it is the strict five minute time that he says it must brew for before it is pressed.
After our visit, we stopped by a store that sells blackberry phones, but also had the apple logo on their sign. They were amazing to visit with, but after one hour we still could not figure out how to use our Claro chip on our iPad for data. We are supposed to text from the iPad to #454 and then we should get to use our data. How do you text from the iPad???
But, we had a great chat with the guy who owned the store. People here are so friendly. I don't know if it is because they can practice their English with us, or if it because I am so congenial. Hahahaha. It is all about me I am sure.
We are back in the city so the food is amazing again. My theory is that the restaurant has to be good to get their client base. If they are not good, they will go out of business because they depend on "regulars". Kind of like on Seinfeld. Speaking of that, we found a restaurant around the corner that is one of those places. It was full of old people. I mean packed with old people. The noise would have been awful, but since we could not understand them, if was like we were in a hive full of bees.
Then off to bed for the night.

It is now Thursday night and I am getting ready for bed. We had another full day. I had a bit of a melt down this morning about school, but I recovered. School was good, and we went to lunch with Mateo, our teacher. He is a crack up! I really wish I could bring him home. He has this blog address, but he will never read it so I can feel free to talk about him. He is in his 20's and it amazes us that he knows so much about North American culture. He pegged Allen as Homer Simpson, he knows every movie line and song lyric and he even knows the slang. He is so dang funny!!! I will really miss him when we are done with school.
After lunch we went on a private tour with a man named Mario. It was really interesting. We have found that it is a good idea to go on a tour of each city to get your bearings and the highlights of the city. It was pretty funny, I have never had a tour director say..."and blah, blah, blah..." but he did. Twice! He was very nice. We saw all the old buildings, and heard the dates they came about. We toured a military museum and stopped for a double shot of grappa. That is distilled wine. It was in a bar that was over 100 years old. Blah, blah, blah.
After the tour we went back to the corner restaurant for pizza and salad. Gosh the food is good here. We are back in the city and it is all about the food.
I am very excited to go to bed because guess what???? We are going to go play croquette at 3:00 tomorrow. Leo said his car is leaving at three, so I will be waiting and ready at 2:30! That is son las dos y media for those of you who know Spanish. I can tell time. That's a good thing. At least I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment