Monday, December 5, 2011

Another day in paradise

Today Martha and Augustine took us to an island off of Punta del Este. I am currently sitting in bed after a hot shower drinking a glass of wine blogging to recap my day. The ending of my day is as perfect as the rest of the day has been. Augustine told us that there is a world famous rally driver who is Uruguayan and that he drives the same kind of car as Augustine has. I think there is a bit of a rally driver in Augustine! He sure knows this area and took us on a fabulous driving tour. We stopped on a point that had vendors. I bought my first non-food, non map related item. I got a really pretty necklace. Allen purchased some cool marbles.
After the shopping pit stop, we stopped for sandwiches to take to the island. The sandwich shop was pretty cool, but I can only describe so much, so off to the island we go.
It was a 15 minute boat drive over to a practically deserted island. We ate sandwiches under a palapa, skipped rocks in the ocean, walked, talked and got a bit of sun. What a great day...but no, it gets better.
If you have not already guessed I am going to talk about food again. We stopped at a lovely spa/hotel overlooking a lake. We stopped for "tea". "Tea" consisted of a course of items served individually. First fresh squeezed orange juice, then a plate for each of us with two different waffle cone type cookies and a small scone. Then came the coffee or tea, and toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with the crusts cut off of course. Wait...there is more. A plate of bom bom de creme and brownies, then it was time to choose our dessert. I had chocolate fluffy something or other and Allen had apple torte. After all that we were served water, sin or con gas. I am a sin gas person. Allen likes the bubbly water. Over here the bubbly is the main drink, I have to order special for regular water. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment