Sunday, December 25, 2011

Emily is here, the blogging can begin!

Im going to have to give my mom a run for her money with my blogging! She's a pro. We, (Sweetpea, myself and Wayne) arrived here after 18 hours of flight time! Alaska is way too far away from everything. The only way my parents got me here was by telling me the flight from Miami to Uruguay was 3 hours. Big fat liars, it was 9! I couldn't turn back in Miami, we were way too far. I did get a idea it was longer then 3-4 hours after looking at Jolee's map on her shower bath curtain and measuring the distance with my hands. It's about the same from AK to Miami as it is Miami Uruguay. My parents think they are funny!

We saw today was -25 at home so it's about an 95 degree difference, I'm sure glad to finally be here. We arrived, we drove 3 hours and I napped for 4. I ventured to the beach, saw a wild guinea pig and and ate an orange. It's been a wild and crazy day today (not really). We have empanadas in the oven and dessert to follow. I guess everyone eats super late here. It's 9pm and were just starting to cook. It's Christmas day but it doesn't feel like it at all. Santa is called "Papa Noel" which never gets old saying. Uruguay is beautiful and the ocean is large and blue, fancy that. It's nice to see my parents again after 2 months, guess they have to get used to my house rules after they get home ;) Faliz Navidad everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment