Sunday, January 8, 2012

Montivideo Tracie

Well, mom and Emily are not very good bloggers. It is very difficult to blog because after a day you are very tired and just want to go to bed. I am not sure what their stories of the big city will be, but to catch you up we had a party (parilla) dinner at Leo and Meckis that was wonderful. Our friends Francisco, Jenny and Tim and Amalie were there. We had the full meal deal followed by a glass of grappa. Mom, dad and Emily were so tired they left at 11:30 while Allen and I stayed to keep talking. We started eating at 7:00 and did not finish until 11:00. Amazing.
We played croquet. Emily made the first three points on her team and Tim proclaimed that my mom had the best shot of the day. We are plotting how to AstroTurf Aunt Carol's tennis court...
We went downtown on the bus for a day of shopping and lunch at the Mercado del Puerto (the most famous eating landmark in Uruguay).
We also went to a restaurant and I had veal, for the first time. Wow that was pretty good.
Today Allen and I are leaving at 3:00 and their flight is not until 10:30 tonight, so they are at the beach. I am sure they will have their own stories to tell. I am glad that they came to Uruguay so we could share some of our adventure with them.
I

No comments:

Post a Comment