Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Colonia/Emily Monday & Tuesday

We left the estancia on Monday morning. We drove to the town Nueva Helvecia for lunch. We went to the Granja Suizo Hotel and had a fondue lunch. We had cheese and bread, meat and chocolate fondue. It was excellent. We even stuck our fingers in the chocolate to get the last little bit when our fresh fruit ran out. After lunch we drove to Colonia, we drove into town on a street that mom and dad had never been on and she missed the fact the town had a shopping mall. She let me down, I've never known a woman who shops like my mom, she is like a dog with a bone...and she missed a shopping mall! Disgraceful. So we checked out that mall and headed to our "hotel", which in it's history was a brothel. Side note: just asked what a brothel was...didn't know it was an old whore house...good thing I didn't know this sooner, I would have been even more uncomfortable. Anyways, the entryway was beautiful but as soon as we put the key in the door it got stuck in the lock, and was not able to come out. We must have bad key karma. Dad and grandpa worked about 1/2 hour trying to get the key out, but finally called the caretaker. She could not fix it either so again a locksmith was called. Meanwhile sweet pea was hollering from her room that the toilet was stuck so grandpa went and took care of that. We had "breakfast" provided so we had two bags of crackers and instant coffee...yum. Not. This day was 89 degrees let me remind you, we were all getting a little crabby. We went to pizza with Buby (highlight of the town) and went home after that.

Our room set up went like this...grandma and grandpa were in their own room downstairs. Their hot water scalded them when they turned it on because the waster tank was on so hot. Mom and dad and I had a room upstairs that was split into two rooms one side had a queen bed and one side had two sets of bunk beds with NO air conditioning or fans and it was about 100 degrees. Mom and dads side had an air conditioner so I was going to kick my dad out and sleep with my mom in there.

Right when we walked in the door two little cockroaches scurried under the door. Mom told me not to look but of course I did. My mom and I were about to pack our bags and leave or at least go sleep in the car. Rule number one was to not tell sweet pea what happened. I was so scared so my dad let me sleep in the bed with them all of us in one queen size bed :) it went dad, mom, and me on the side, upside down...little squeezy with no wiggle room. We woke up the next morning and had a group meeting. The vote was 3 to 2 to leave and the women still lost!!!

We walked around Colonia, climbed the light house (thought sweet pea was going to kill us by the end) and did some shopping. We ended our day at the beach and a trip to say good bye to Buby. We had wine, beer and cheese and got a tour of her lovely home. She's so stinking cute. She bought us all gifts that were much appreciated. We then walked to dinner and had a fantastic steak. We were a little more comfortable with the brothel so we sucked it up and stayed one more night. Plus we made sure we were extra tired and had a little too much to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment